Solar Attic Fans |
The Natural Choice in Attic Venting!
The Solar Attic Fan made by Natural Light Energy Systems is a simple and environmentally sensible solution that can protect your home and save you money. Powered completely by free solar energy,
this sleek and efficient vent is both compact and quiet. Fully operational right from the box, it installs easily with no electrical wiring, no expensive electrician, and no
permits. And it's powerful! Operating up to 850 cfms, a 10 watt unit can fully vent up to 1,200 square feet. A 20 watt unit, operating at up to 1,200 cfms, can fully vent up to
2000 square feet, and the new 30 watt unit operating up to 1550 cfms can vent up to 2500 square feet. Place it wherever you need improved circulation.
Attic venting is an important aspect in maintaining a healthy energy efficient home. Proper venting cools your roof extending the material life and reduces the load on your air conditioning system. Attic venting also increases fresh air circulation which reduces vapor build up generated by every day activities like showering and cooking.
Excess moisture trapped in your attic can cause a variety of problems from rust and rot to increased bacteria and mold counts which can have a direct impact on your respiratory health! Passive vents have been a part of building codes for years. Soffit vents, ridge vents and louvers rely on nature to provide sufficient air pressure and air movement. So the majority of the time your attic is stagnant and continues to build up heat and moisture.
1. Minimize backpressure of exhaust gases.
2. Maximize the exposure of the sun to the solar panel.
Incorporates an angled throat within the flashing that provides a venturi effect, which increases airflow.
- Designed from the ground up to minimize obstructions in the flashing and shroud.
3. Minimize the ambient temperature of the solar panel because power output rapidly declines as temperature increases.
- Mounting bracket that houses the solar panel allows for angling the panel.
- An optional special order remote solar panel can be installed away from the attic fan housing. It is used in applications where there is limited sunshine where the unit is to be installed. The remote panel is installed in a sunny area,
capturing maximum amount of sunlight and therefore achieving optimal attic fan performance.
4. Adaptable to any location, roof type, in any environment.
- The entire assembly is powder coated, inside and out, in a neutral gray color thus ensuring that it does not act like a heat sink.
- The solar panel mounting bracket allows for an envelope of cool air to continually circulate around the entire solar panel.
- Natural Light is constructed of .080 (14 gauge) aluminum, the flashing and shroud are seamless ensuring weather tight installations.
- Stainless steel animal protection screen.
- Stainless steel hardware throughout.
- Powder coated to withstand any environment.
- Fifty year Neutral Cure silicone bonds the flashing to the roof.
Attic venting is an important aspect of maintaining a healthy, energy efficient home. The Natural Light Solar Attic Fan works with your
existing passive vents to improve air circulation. Adding a solar attic fan is a simple and affordable home improvement
product that overtime will pay for itself. Cooling your attic space in the summer can reduce your AC costs. It will
also extend the life of your roof shingles and prevent damaging rot and ice damming.
Reduces the Load on Your HVAC System.
The most obvious reason for attic ventilation is to lower the attic temperature during the warmer months. Proper attic
ventilation removes excess heat build-up and can reduce attic temperatures significantly. As the heat is
exhausted, the workload of your air conditioning system is reduced, thereby saving energy costs and even extending the life
of your air conditioning system.
Attic Venting Extends the Life of Your Roof.
Though asphalt shingles are designed to take the abuse of the sun for many years, they are subjected to greater temperatures
when the roof decking is allowed to overheat, which is just what happens in an under ventilated attic. In fact, asphalt
shingle manufacturers warranties require proper attic ventilation. During the colder months, attic ventilation removes the
warm, moist air that heat sources produce. Hot moist air lingering in the attic spaces can condense on the underside of the
roof sheathing and rot it out.
Reduces Moisture Build-up in the Attic.
In the cooler months, moisture in the attic can condense on the framing and the inside of the roof deck and can lead to
serious issues such as mold, mildew and rot in the roof deck and framing. A solar attic fan can help
reduce unwanted moisture build-up.
Natural Light Thermal Snap Switch
||The thermal snap switch is designed to turn on the Natural Light solar attic fan when the temperature in the attic reaches approximately 80° F. It will turn off the motor when the temperature in the attic reaches 70° F. |
Fire Safety Cutoff Switch
||The optional Fire Safety Cutoff Switch is specially designed by Natural Light to help stop the spread of house attic
fires during daytime fan operation by shutting down the fan. The switch features a fusible link that will melt at 228 degrees Fahrenheit to limit the introduction of
fresh air that would otherwise help feed the fire. The Fire Safety Cutoff Switch can easily be installed alone or in
conjunction with the Natural Light Thermal Switch.|
Optional Remote Mount Solar Panel
||Natural Light offers a special order remote solar panel which is installed away from the attic fan housing. It is used in applications where there is limited sunshine where the unit has been installed. The remote panel is installed in a sunny area, capturing maximum amount of sunlight and therefore achieving optimal attic fan performance.
25 YEAR MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY ON HOUSING, SOLAR PANEL AND MOTOR